Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for information about how our service works, what we offer, you are in the right place. We prepared for you a selection of the most frequently asked questions divided into categories by query type.
Payments & Costs Collapse all Expand All
Courier companies have different capabilities and maximum limits. When you pull a quote, only the available couriers who can transport a parcel with your specified locations, weight and dimensions will be displayed.
- DPD Laser
- Maximum Weight: 30 kg per parcel
- Maximum Dimensions: 60 cm (Width) x 80 cm (Height) x 70 cm (Length)
- Maximum Weight: 35 kg per parcel
- Maximum Dimensions: 42 cm (Width) x 57 cm (Height) x 57 cm (Length)
- Maximum Weight: 68 kg per parcel
- Maximum of 274 cm in length, or a maximum of 330 cm in length and girth combined (girth = 2 x height + 2 x width)
- Rhenus Express
- Maximum Weight: 30 kg per parcel
- Maximum Dimensions: 150 cm (Width) x 80 cm (Height) x 120 cm (Length)
If you open an account with Parcelspot, you receive a 2.5% discount on all your shipping costs (excluding surcharge payments) - amongst many other benefits. Simply pull the quotes while you're logged into your account.
Also, keep an eye on our Facebook page and our newsletters for ad hoc discount vouchers to use when ordering a courier.
We will email you with a payment confirmation and a link to track your shipment as soon as successful payment has been received. Clicking on the link will take you to a page with details such as the parcel collection date, the estimated delivery date and also tracking information.
On the home page, fill in the parcel details in the form: collection suburb, delivery suburb, weight and dimensions. Add the special services that you require (optional) and tap on “Continue”. A list of courier companies with the cost of shipping and various shipping options will show up. This includes the estimated collection and delivery dates.
Orders are only processed once they have been settled - the shipping therefore needs to be paid beforehand. We offer multiple online payment options: debit cards, credit cards, and positive Credit Balance. Paying the driver is not available as an option (for technical and security reasons).
We recommend using our online quote form as this will always get you the most accurate shipping quotes. We have also compiled a rates schedule for the delivery costs within South Africa. Please request an up-to-date schedule from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your parcel will be placed on hold and you will be rebilled for the difference for the amount owing. Once the balance has been paid, the parcel will be released for delivery. Should no payment of the balance be made after a certain number of days, the parcel will either be returned to the sender at additional cost, or the courier will destroy it.
Yes, all prices are final. Our smart algorithm calculates all the applicable surcharges and shows the final shipping prices. You pay the shipping fee in advance on our site - you don't pay anything to the driver.
The only instances where this may not apply, are as follows:
- You under declare the weight and / or dimensions of your parcel (i.e. it's actually a lot heavier and bigger than claimed, pushing it into a higher price bracket).
- When you enter incorrect locations and the actual location is higher in price than the one that was entered in your order.
- A special request is made for a collection or delivery that falls outside of working days or hours.
- When the location(s) is a mine, port or an harbour, a high risk or remote area, inside a shopping centre, on a farm or game farm, an online store, a government building or an embassy or consulate.
In such cases, Parcelspot will get in touch with you to rebill you for the difference. Please check the pop up box with the surcharges information for an idea of what the surcharges may be.
Please contact us - our Sales Department will provide you with information on our partnership and contract options.
The weight and dimensions of the parcel are the main parameter for the shipping cost calculations. We need to know how much your parcel weighs and how large it is so that we can list the best available couriers and rates. If you attempt to send a parcel that weighs more or is larger than what you had declared, we have the right to rebill you for the price difference. The sender needs to obey maximum parcel dimensions, failing which, the courier company will be unable to process your package due to technical limitations.
If you run an e-commerce site, you have a store, you're a business or you sell your products through third-party internet platforms, we will offer you special terms and prices. You can learn more about our special offers here. Contact us - we have solutions for everyone.
Did you not find the answer to your question?
Please ask us using the following form. We will respond by e-mail and we will include the question here.